Tuesday, August 7, 2012

When Papa Comes to Visit...

We brush our teeth really well...



We like to read books...


 And we share sweet cuddles on the couch. 


We LOVE when Papa comes to visit. 

Sydney has not detached herself from my dad since he arrived. When he opened the door at the airport she said "Papa!" and it has been a non-stop love fest since then. I am still in shock that she knew exactly who he was. She has not seen him in person since Easter and although we have been looking at pictures and practicing saying his name, you never expect a toddler to actually retain the information. 

I have really enjoyed watching the two of them interact over the weekend. She follows him around saying "Papa, papa! Up, up!" and has given him more hugs and kisses than I have ever seen her give away to one person. It makes my heart melt to see the two of them bond. We have always made an effort to ensure that she knows exactly who he is and that he is a big part of her life and weekends like this make me feel like we have succeeded. 

Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment