Monday, April 25, 2011

2 Month Shots

On April 11th, Sydney had her first set of inoculations. She handled it like a pro.... I did not.

They do a set of three shots at 2, 4 and 6 months and all are in the thighs. I knew I would have a hard time with everything so I asked my Step- Dad to tag along with me for moral support. I expected to have to hold her down for the shots and I did not know if I would be able to handle it.

The first thing that they did at the appointment was weigh and measure her. She was 12 pounds, 7 ounces and 24 inches long. After the measurements we were taken into an exam room where a super nice nurse asked me a bunch of questions about Post-Partum depression (which I passed with flying colors) and proceeded to fill us in on what the inoculations were for.

Then came the dreaded moment. Dad was told to hold her leg tight and I was told that I would probably cry. I scoffed at the idea of crying.... until the first needle went in and Sydney lost her cool. By the time the third needle was done, I was a mess. Sydney and I wiped up our tears and she was given band aids.

We went home and slept the trauma of the afternoon off. By the time David got home Syd was completely fine... it was as if it had never happened. She made look totally dramatic. I still think that David thinks I probably over-reacted about how hard it was her. I honestly think that they entire thing was harder for me than it was for her.

Oh well, here is to avoiding a few diseases.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment