Monday, November 21, 2011

Parenting Moments That Make You Cry

Every once in a while I get incredibly emotional when I look at Sydney and how incredible she is. I have moments where I look at her in disbelief. Disbelief that my body built hers and that she is the perfect combination of David and I. There are moments where I love her so much that I truly feel like my chest is going to explode. I love her more than I ever thought possible and my love for her just grows everyday.

This past Friday I had one of those moments. After an awesome Christmas dinner at David's parents house we made our way home. By the time we walked in the door it was almost 10p and Sydney was exhausted. We changed her into pyjamas, put her in her sleep sack and gave her a bottle. Sydney and I went to lay down on our unmade bed (I was cleaning the bed sheets) to cuddle and let her eat. By the time she was done both of us were asleep. David had to come in to wake me up and gently asked me to put her in her crib so we could get a few things done. The thought of having to put her down and separate myself from her made me incredibly sad. It meant ending this perfect cuddly moment with a perfect little girl. I cried, then I put her to bed, then I got over it knowing that I get many more days and years with my favourite tiny person in the entire world.





S

No comments:

Post a Comment