Friday, March 2, 2012

The Diet


Let's be honest... I have never really had an unhealthy diet. I eat well and try to avoid really bad foods. I love vegetables and lean proteins and I do not eat red meat or pork. I induldge in the occasional glass of wine and piece of dark chocolate, but other than that I am pretty good. Unfortunately genetics have not been kind to me. I need to consistently eat healthy and excersize like crazy in order to lose any weight.

On Monday I decided to turn over a new leaf. If I am being completely honest... I am having some serious anxiety about all o the travelling we are doing this year to warm locales. A lot of it involves being on a beach in a bathing suit with a ton of our friends... none of whom have had babies. Talk about feeling self-conscious.

I stared the 17-Day diet. It is essentially a high lean protein, sugar free, carb free, unlimited veggie diet. It is fairly easy to follow. I have pre-grilled a mountain of chicken and grab fresh veggies that are easy to eat on the go. I am combining it with Jillian Michaels 30 day shred workouts and a ton of water and green tea.

So far I have lost 4.5lbs this week! I am officially only about five pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight... but it took me an entire year to lose it.

I can't wait to be down to my wedding weight. Wish me luck!

Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment