Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Our House ~ Throw Pillow Construction

I am back!
 
I know that I have been seriously absent lately. We have been going through some pretty big changes in our house and I have had a very hard time keeping up with the blog. Sorry guys! Hopefully I will be able to give you a few updates on our lives as of late.
 
First up... new additions to the house! When we moved in I could not wait to re-cover some of our older throw pillows and create some new ones to punch up our new chairs. So I broke out the sewing machine and got to work!
 



I added piping to a few of the pillows.... which is not easy. You really need to line everything up to make it look right and the sewing machine will almost always try to argue with you.





I really didnèt want to mess with zippers so I made overlapping flaps in the back. It is kind of an easy cheat and if you are creating pillows that are not really meant to be tossed around it works perfectly.


Here is the final product... I think they look pretty good!

 


Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment