Thursday, November 13, 2014

An Unparalleled Love

When a couple endures a tragedy there are two things that could happen... it could push them in opposite directions or show them how strong their love really is.

Losing Oliver changed my relationship with my husband. David and I have been together over 8 years and we have been married for over 5 now (a milestone that unfortunately got overlooked at the end of August as a result of my sisters wedding followed by our nanny's arrival and then our journey with Oliver). He is without a doubt my favorite person in the world. We have always been a relatively strong couple. We have had our rough patches but we always communicate through them and each time we come out on the other side of a disagreement we are substantially stronger.

David is my rock. I have become extremely dependent on him over the last couple of months and he has not complained once. I know that if I am having an emotional day he is there to help me through it. I know that if I need some time out of the house by myself he is the first to encourage me to do it. He watches over me to make sure that I take care of myself first and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. 

We are so in love with each other and my feelings for him truly do grow stronger every day. If you had told me eight years ago that I would love him more today than I did then, I would have told you that you were insane. As much as I wish I could explain it I can't. He fills me with overwhelming, chest exploding, tear inducing emotion and I have never felt that way about anyone else in my entire life. 

Watching David become a dad has been the most incredible adventure. Knowing that we created this family and that our kids are a product of our love for one another is so amazing. Watching him with the kids makes me realize how lucky I am to have found such an incredible partner and amazing man. 

Our love is what has kept me together in recent weeks... and I am so glad it has. 

Mrs. E 

No comments:

Post a Comment