Friday, July 17, 2015

Brass & Baubles ~ King Quilt

I have had almost no time to do any sewing lately. 

Yoga has taken over my life. I am leaving in 2 weeks and I am freaking out a bit! With classes almost every night and spending time with Dave and the kids I have had to take a bit of a break from sewing. I did however manage to finish my biggest custom quilt to date. 

One of my close friends and co-workers Kim asked me to create a King sized quilt for her and her husband. She wanted something modern and symmetrical that was sturdy enough to withstand everyday use. We went shopping for the fabric together and over the next month or so I pieced the entire thing. I am luck enough to have some amazing friends in the Edmonton Modern Quilt Guild so when I was ready to start quilting one of the ladies gave me access to her long arm quilting machine. Needless to say it made the entire project that much easier. 

It is backed in a light grey flannel and could not be heavier or cozier. I am going to have a hard time parting with this one! Don't forget that I am willing to take on any custom project. 















Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment