Monday, May 2, 2016

Brass & Baubles ~ A Graffiti Quilt

This quilt is an older but I haven't had the chance to share it. 

I fell in love with a style of quilting called "Graffiti Quilting" quite a while ago. It was developed by a quilter from the United States named Karlee Porter. It is basically the use of several different quilting motifs and patterns in a random layout across the quilt giving it the look of graffiti. There is no rhyme or reason or planning to this style of quilting.... and the end result is incredible. 

I knew I wanted to give it a try but working on my small machine would be difficult. This type of quilting is usually done on a long arm machine where you have so much more control. I pieced together a very simple quilt with a lot of negative space to work with.... and off I went! I really do think that the end result is beautiful and I can't wait to do another one.
















Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment