Friday, May 27, 2016

Brass & Baubles ~ Sunrise Citrus Quilt

Do you ever get an idea or find inspiration that makes you want to tackle a new project immediately? It happens to me all the time. 

A few weeks ago I saw a photo on instagram of the most incredible, simple quilt that I knew I could recreate in my own way. I have been really into bright citrus colours lately and I envisioned a bright spring quilt with an amazing ombre look. I made a quick trip to my local quilt shop and came back with these beauties....


After some quick cutting I started chain piecing like crazy! I had a vision and I wanted to see it completed.



The end result is amazing. I did some free motion quilting and the entire thing came to life! I hand bound it with a solid red and now I'm in love! This beauty will be listed in the Etsy shop soon.











Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment