Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Summer Has Arrived

Well, it's official. Summer has arrived very early in Edmonton

All week temperatures have been close to 30C and they are expected to be that way most of the next week. It is crazy how unseasonably warm it is! I can't say that I'm complaining, but I will say that it was completely unexpected. The kids have been loving every minute of the sunshine but the heat is taking some getting used to. It has been a week of early naps and bedtimes to combat some of the exhaustion that playing in the sun brings. It has also been a reminder of how much work it is is to get kids ready to go outside to play. All of the sunscreen, water and hats!

The pool has been set up, the sprinkler is on and we have been having the best time. I am definitely running out of clothes that fit me these days though. I have never been pregnant during the hotter months of the year and I absolutely refuse to buy summer maternity clothes for three more weeks of being pregnant. So for now I am leaving the house in some pretty interesting outfits. Here are a few photos from the last couple of days. We even managed go get a lot of our planting done!



















Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment