Saturday, January 21, 2017

Camping In Jasper ~ Boston Training

Soooo... it's been a while. 

We have been full tilt for the last two and a half months and unfortunately blogging got put on the back burner. This is one of those things that is actually easier for me to keep up with when I'm at work. I don't have as much time to sit down at my computer these days, but I really need to get back at it. I feel like it is such a great way for me to document our lives. So we are going to flash back to the end of October when David and I took Hugh to the mountains so that Dave could do some downhill training for his Boston qualifier race. 

We left mid-week after making the decision to book an Otentik in Jasper for the night. Dave really wanted to get in some good downhill training and I was excited about a short road trip and some quality time with Hugh. We hit the road in some beautiful fall weather and got to Jasper pretty quick. The idea was for Dave to run down Marmot basin a few times while we were there. So when we got there I drove him right to the top of the mountain and went to the campsite to check in to the Otentik and start dinner.

Otentiks are amazing! They are a heated tent that sleeps 6. It is on a platform and has electricity. It is the best way to camp with tiny babies. Dave ran right into the campsite and we had dinner. That night in the Otentik with Hugh was great. He slept cuddled in between us and we were all nice and warm the whole time. The next day we packed up and I drove Dave back up to the top of Marmot. I ended up driving him to the top one more time that day so that he could do the downhill twice in a row. 

It was such a nice little trip with some beautiful weather. 


























Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment