Wednesday, April 29, 2015

So This is Happening...

Some of you may know that I am a major fan of all things yoga. 

When we were going through some of the hardest moments of our lives this last year, yoga got me through it. It helped me physically, emotionally and mentally. It gave me time to focus on myself and a space to be honest about how I was feeling. It also gave me something to focus on and look forward to every day. It also allowed me to set goals for myself and celebrate small achievements. 

It has become such a large part of my life that I now want to help others see the benefit of spending some time on the mat. I am off to become a yoga teacher.... in Costa Rica! After lots of research and some long discussions I have booked my flights and my course in Cahuita at the Goddess Garden Eco resort. . I leave on July 31 and will return on August 16 which means I will be away from Dave and the kids for 17 days! I can look forward to 14 hour days and some great vegetarian food and when I come home I will be fully certified to teach yoga anywhere in the world.

I will admit that I am a little bit nervous about everything. I have never been away from Dave and the kids this long and I am nervous about not being able to keep up with everything. I have dedicated myself to practicing yoga at least 5 times a week to build up strength and running 3 times a week. I have some weight to lose and some things to learn so I will also be taking a few workshops leading up to my trip including an inversion workshop on May 23 (bring on the handstands!). 

I will be learning from Marianne Wells and her team. She is a world renowned teacher and seems really incredible. You have read more about her and her work HERE. You can also take a look at where I will be staying HERE.

Wish me luck and I expect to see all of you Edmontonians at my first class in the city!

The Main Yoga Studio at the Goddess Garden



Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment