Friday, May 8, 2015

Brass & Baubles ~ Layers of Charm Quilt

This post is so hard for me to write. 

I know it sounds so dumb to be sentimental about a couple of photos of me quilting... but these were taken days before I found out that we had lost our last baby and they are the only pictures of the beginning of my baby bump (which was huge as a result of being pregnant only 2 months before). This was before any bad news and I was blissfully unaware of what the next few weeks would hold for me. 

I had signed up to take a long arm quilting class with one of my friends Laura... well she actually signed me up and told me I was going, which is awesome! I have always wanted to try long arm quilting and knew that I would love it. We were told to show up with a lap sized quilt, batting and back. I knew immediately that I wanted to use the new Fat Quarter Shop shortcut quilt for this project and I had the wildwood fat quarter bundle to use up. 

I pieced the quilt top in one night and could not wait to finish it. We took our course through Sparrow Studioz and after some instruction and some help loading the quilt onto the machine I was ready to go! I did an all over feather pantograph in a salmon colored thread and I could not be more in love with it. 









Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment