Thursday, August 4, 2016

Foodie Love ~ Summer Pavlova

Yay for conquering a dessert that has terrified me for years!

We were introduced to the pavlova when we were in Australia. It is the ultimate summer dessert. A giant marshmallow meringue with whipped cream and fruit on top that looks beautiful. My problem has always been getting my meringue stiff enough to hold it's shape while baking. My recent education on learning how to make macarons gave be just enough insight to give it a try. My meringue was perfect! The only problem was that I had to pull it out of the oven early to get it ready for guests instead of letting it cool down slowly. This caused the meringue to crack. The plus side is that it still tasted amazing. 

Here are a few photos from the process. Henry was the ultimate little helper and was so excited to be able to lick the beater after I made the whipped cream. If anyone is interested in the recipe I used please comment below. It got rave reviews from everyone and I can't wait to experiment again with different fruit combinations. I may even try to create a fall flavoured pavlova in the next couple of months. I will let you know how it goes!









Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment