Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Foodie Love ~ Tried & True Banana Bread


If you know anything about me, you know that I am a banana bread master baker. 

I have been making banana bread and muffins for friends and family for years! I have tried so many recipes and adapted so many things about how I bake it that I think I have perfected it. I make it so often that I have memorized how to make it and we always have a loaf or two frozen for when we have people over or we just need a snack. There are two variations to this recipe. You can either add chocolate chips or create a cinnamon sugar crust. My preference is the latter.... but it's totally up to you. Here is the recipe. Let me know what you think!

Preheat your oven to 350C

The Ingredients:
~ 4 previously frozen bananas mashed
~ 1 large egg
~ 1 cup white sugar
~ 1 tsp vanilla
~ 2/3 cup butter or margarine
~ 1 tsp baking soda
~ 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
~ Cinnamon & Sugar for the crust or chocolate chips

The Process:
~ In a medium bowl mix bananas, egg, sugar, vanilla, and butter. Mixture will be lumpy.
~ Slowly mix in flour and set batter to the side
~ Butter the inside of the pan
~ Make a cinnamon sugar mixture consisting of two parts sugar to one part cinnamon
~ Coat the inside of the pan with the cinnamon sugar mixture, reserve some for sprinkling on top
~ If you are making muffins, it is easier to use cooking spray
~ Pour batter into the pan and sprinkle some more cinnamon sugar on top
~ Place in the center of the oven to bake
~ Bake times:
          - Banana Loaf ~ One hour or until a butter knife comes out clean
          - Banana Muffins - Half hour or until a toothpick comes out clean
~ If you wish to use chocolate chips instead of cinnamon sugar, skip the cinnamon sugar step and instead sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the batter before placing in the oven
~ Let cool and serve!
~ Muffins and loaves will freeze nicely when placed in plastic wrap and then a large zip lock freezer bag

Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment