Sunday, October 31, 2010

27 Weeks.... Third Trimester!

Week: 27 Weight Gained: About 25 so far..... Crap!
Belly Button: Still the same.... I am starting to think it might just get shallow and never really pop out.
Cravings: Halloween Candy! There has been so much temptation this week!
Sleep: Still awful and painful.
Best Moment of the Week: Our second prenatal class. We learned so much and it was really reassuring.
Worst Moment of the Week: My gestational diabetes test on Friday.... Yuck!
Thoughts from Dad: "Is starting to realize that we know nothing about what the future holds for us when you arrive. So many unknowns, but trust that we are doing our best to be able to do our best."

This week was so busy. We are really starting to realize how close we are to meeting Baby E and how much our lives will change.

I have already written about how amazing our class was on Wednesday but I have yet to talk about the Gestational Diabetes test that I had to do on Friday. I went in to work in the morning and made my way to the clinic next door at 9 AM for my test. They made me drink a glucose drink that tasted like the MacDonalds orange drink but thicker and sweeter. Then I had to sit in the waiting room for an hour before they could take my blood. I felt so sick! It made me super nauseous and I experienced a serious sugar crash, including the shakes. The worst part was that I had to fast before the test so all I had in my system was sugar. Baby E was going crazy! I have no idea when I will get the results back. We are hoping soon.

This week also marked the start of the third Trimester! It makes me nervous to think about the fact that we only have one third of the pregnancy left. Hopefully it all goes by smoothly!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment