Thursday, April 19, 2012

Plight of the Working Mom

I have to be honest.

Lately I have really been struggling with work. I have had the most incredible urge to hand in my two weeks notice and walk away. I think it is a combination of things that are making work difficult for me.

I have an incredibly hard time leaving Sydney every morning. It is almost as if I am leaving a part of me with her every day. She cries and clings to me every time I drop her off and it breaks my heart. During the week I only see her for about an hour and a half and by that point in the day I am so exhausted that I feel as though I cannot give her my full attention. I

One of the things that makes it more difficult for me is the amount of time she gets to spend with her Dad while I am working. Although David works crazier hours than I do, he gets to spend most of his time with her. He is really only away from her for three full days and two mornings every ten days. It kills me to know that they are going out for runs and enjoying time together while I am stuck at the office.

The other thing that is making it difficult for me to come to work is the amount of money I make and the strict nature of my schedule. I work in a position that does not really pay me very well. David is clearly the main income earner in our family and we don't really need my income at all to live comfortably. My position also means that I am very scheduled. There is no room for changing around my schedule and on days that I am away I have to have coverage. It is awful.

I have been searching high and low for a suitable part-time position but I am struggling to find something that will work for us.

At the end of the day, I just want to be home with my girl. 

 Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment