Thursday, December 11, 2014

Last Night in Yoga



It's all about the little accomplishments. 

This is what I have learned in yoga. My teachers are constantly reminding me that it is called yoga practice and not yoga perfection. It is all about trying to push yourself a little bit more each class.... to open your body so that you can twist and bend into different poses.

Last night I went to my first Yin yoga class in years. I have been going to flow (or fast paced) yoga for years and I have been very reluctant to slow myself down and hop into a more passive practice. In Yin you tend to hold poses for up to 5 minutes. It is a test of concentration and a way to get further into a pose and allow your body to really stretch. I liked the class enough to maybe go again.... but what I loved was that my head now almost touches my feet when we are sitting in butterfly forward old pose! I know that this might not seem like a big deal, but I am not flexible at all! I also noticed that by the end of my hot flow yoga classes my heels are now flat on the ground when we are in downward dog... major accomplishment!

I am really enjoying spending time by myself four times a week to focus on regaining control of my body. 

Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment