Monday, December 1, 2014

Henry's First Skate

When you are a little brother, you get to learn how to skate wearing our sisters pink helmet. 

Our poor Henry is already getting random hand me downs. I know he doesn't care or know the difference... but how cute are these pictures of a tiny man in pink headgear?! This all happened a while ago... but we were finally able to take Henry out for his first skating experience. I will admit. I have been dragging my feet on this little adventure for a while. Let's just say that Henry is not the most accommodating or adventurous. I love my little sensitive guy but it sure does make things like skating difficult. 

We packed up the kids and Jennilyn and headed to the mall to give it a try. For some strange reason I though that it would be a good idea to have all of us our on the ice at once, including Jennilyn who has never been on the ice.... bad idea. Dave had to rescue all of us at one point. He is really the only one who can skate. Henry hated it for the most part (as expected) and Sydney really struggled to stay up on her new big kid skates. 

In the end it was an experience. I think next time we will attempt just taking Henry on his own and then Sydney on her own.... much easier to deal with. 


















Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment