Friday, September 3, 2010

David is an Ironman!

My husband is my personal hero. He is a rockstar. An athletic God. He is the kind of person I aspire to be.

My husband is officially an Ironman.

For those of you who don't know, here are the Ironman distances:
- Swim 3.8km
- Bike 180km
- Run 42km
That's a LONG way people!

David managed to finish the entire thing in 11 hrs 21 mins! He did the entire thing with smile on his face and an incredible amount of positivity. Ironman is something that we always knew David would do, but figured it was something that he would accomplish in his 30s. He ha officially accomplished it at 27.

We woke up at 4:30a and we were a the race site by 5:30a. After body marking and checking the transition it was time to say goodbye and goodluck. Both David and I were really emotional when we said goodbye. I can't explain but I can tell you that we were not the only ones feeling this way. Looking around we were surrounded by family and friends embracing in emotional goodbyes with their loved ones. Ironman is just that big.
My family met me down at the race site and we spent the day running around taking photos. David crossed the finish line with arms in the air and we all went wild cheering. I couldn't get to him fast enough to make sure he was ok. There were many proud tears and sweaty hugs at that finish line.

I couldn't be any more of an embarrassingly proud wife. *Sigh* He's incredible.

S

No comments:

Post a Comment