Thursday, September 23, 2010

I Love My OB

It has taken me a while to get to this post because we have had quite a busy week.

We had our first OBGYN appointment on Tuesday! We met Dr. McCubbin in her office which is located across the parking lot from the Grey Nuns Hospital. We love that everything we need is soooo close!

Everyone had been telling me horror stories about waiting for up to two hours to get into an appointment with their OB. We arrived right on time and only waited about fifteen minutes to be let in. Her offices were small but clean and new and we felt really comfortable.

Her nurse Margie was the first to meet with us and she was fantastic. She gave us a run through of what to expect at each visit and gave us some printed information to take home and look over. After taking my blood pressure (perfect as always) she weighed me (I don't even want to talk about it) and we were left to wait for the doctor.

She came in and we were both immediately comfortable with her. She is such a warm person. She is very efficient and gets the job done, which we both loved. I don't necessarily want someone to hold my hand through this entire process, that's what I have David for, but it does help that she has fantastic bedside manner. Her efficiency makes me comfortable too. It leads me to believe that she really knows what she is talking about.

She asked me a few questions and then we listed to the baby's heart beat. She found it right away! After a few kicks from the baby we were able to measure the heart rate at 150 bpm which is very strong. We also found out that a baby's heart rate can increase by 10-15bpm just with the move of a leg or arm. Very cool.

Our favourite part of the entire appointment was when she asked us if we had any questions. I couldn't believe that she was actually taking the time to make sure that we had all of the information we needed! She answered all of our questions and reassured us that everything is going really well.

Our next appointment with her is October 19th and we are so excited!

More to come!

S

No comments:

Post a Comment