Monday, September 13, 2010

An Open Letter to Baby E

Dear Baby E,

I thought that it was about time to start writing to you on a regular basis. I want you to be able to look back and read through my thoughts as I was pregnant with you. You may not appreciate it during the first twenty years of your life, but there will come a day when you will be interested in this sort of thing.

I want you to know how loved you are already. You are the most terrifyingly exciting thing to ever happen to us and we cannot wait to meet you. You have become our favorite thing to talk about, even if no one else cares as much as we do. I think about you constantly and so does your dad.

We have had an amazing time so far preparing for your arrival. We try to envision what it will be like when we finally see you and hold you for the first time, but we really have no idea. I find myself asking friends of mine who are young parents what it was like when they met their baby for the first time. They can never fully explain the emotions they went through but the look on their faces as they try to put it into words says it all.

We have started putting together your room and registered for your first gifts, most of which you will not remember. We have discovered how much fun it can be buying things for someone else and have to stop ourselves from spending your college fund on fun toys.

Last week we saw you for the second time. I couldn’t believe how big you are getting and daddy was in awe. Your uncle Matt and Grandpa Lee were also there to see you and after counting all of your tiny toes on the grainy screen you had us all in the palm of your hand.

I have been enjoying our quiet time together as well. I love lying in bed waiting for you to kick me or roll over. It reminds me that I am never alone and I am a huge part of creating something incredible.

Lots of Love and hugs and kisses,

Your Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment