Friday, July 13, 2012

Date Night ~ Canada Day Edition

I love my husband. 

He always knows when I am in need of a break. I am the type of person who will work like crazy to get something done. Unless someone forced me to stop working or put something down and come back to it later, I would never take a break. This was the case with the Kids of Steel Triathlon. 

I had been working like crazy and was completely absorbed in getting all of my tasks completed. David could tell that I was stressed out and exhausted. So on Sunday of the long weekend, after we attended the Great White North Half Ironman, David told me to pack an overnight bag and get ready to go. 

We dropped Sydney off at his parents and drove downtown where we checked in to the Hotel MacDonald. We went for a dip in the hot tub and had a massage and then we got dressed to go out for dinner. All the while, David was being completely thoughtful. He made sure that there was a water and a diet Coke waiting for me when I got out of my massage and gave me more than enough time to get ready. It was all so sweet. 

We walked to Corso 32 for the most incredible meal. The food was fantastic, the wine was amazing and it was so great to be away from the Triathlon for a bit. We started with the in house made warm goat cheese and a delicious grilled cheese with asparagus and an egg... delicious! We then shared their special which was one large ravioli filled with ricotta and goat cheese covered in a rich cream sauce. David's main was the Pappardelle which was beautiful hand cut pasta with house made spicy wild boar sausage in a red sauce. I ordered the Black Truffle Fonduta Ravioli which was perfect and incredibly tasty. All of the house made pasta was the perfect consistency and it was so light! Unfortunately we were so full after everything that we didn't order dessert! I was a little sad to walk out without trying the Chocolate Torta but it is just an excuse to go back to dinner again. 

We walked off some of our meal on the way back to the hotel. When we arrived the sun was setting and it was the perfect opportunity to sit out on the patio over looking the river valley and enjoy the view. We finished off the night by watching the Canada fireworks from our beautiful room. All in all it was an incredible night and a great break from all of my stresses. 

Thank You David!











Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment