Friday, July 27, 2012

Lately....

Lately we have been having some crazy weather in Edmonton. 

We are in the midst of some pretty intense summer storms and it is starting to get a little out of hand. The past three weeks we have seen weather warning after weather warning. We had tornado watches the other night that came with some pretty terrifying thunderstorms. I got off of the LRT after work and ran to my car. By the time I was in the car I was so wet that you could have sworn that I just jumped into the pool. Two weeks ago during an intense middle of the night storm, our new house was pelted with large hail. We ran around frantically closing windows, pulling both cars into the garage and moving artwork away from the large windows. We woke up the next morning to flooding all over the south side of the city and piles of hail that looked like snow drifts. 

The only positive side to all of these storms are all of the incredible sunsets that we are being treated to. Here are a couple I managed to capture from our back door.... Amazing. 





Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment