Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Upside Down Peach Cake

I have been really bad with documenting our lives lately.

I usually try to take tons of photos of everything I do so that I can keep the blog up to date. Lately I have been lucky to get pictures of anything! Luckily, our schedule has slowed down dramatically and I am starting to get caught up on things. This means I have time to cook and bake again!

This last Sunday I took advantage of some free time and some beautiful peaches that David picked up from the store. Upside down peach cake has become a summer staple in our house. Usually I make it in my spring form pan.... but it seems to have gone missing during the move. So the cake in the pictures below is a double recipe in a 9x13 pan. For a single recipe you are going to want to use a 10" spring form pan and the recipe below.

The Necessities:
~ 1/4C of Butter Melted
~ 2/3C of Brown Sugar
~ 4-5 Large Peaches Sliced Thin
~ 1/2C White Sugar
~ 1 Egg
~ 1/2Tsp Vanilla
~ 1/3C Milk
~ 1/4Tsp Salt
~ 1 1/2C Flour
~ 1 3/4Tsp Baking Powder


The Prep:
~ Melt 1/4C of butter and mix with brown sugar
~ Press into the bottom of pan
~ Lay sliced peaches in an overlapping pattern on top of brown sugar mixture (in a round spring form pan I start on the outside and work my way into the middle on concentric circles)
~ Cream together butter and white sugar
~ Mix eggs, vanilla, and milk 
~ Sift in flour, salt and baking powder and mix well
~ Batter will be very think
~ Spoon the batter over the peaches and carefully spread as smooth as possible
~ Place in center of oven to bake at 350C for 40-50 minutes
~ Cake is done when it springs back when pressed and fork comes out clean
~ Cool for minimum ten minutes before turning upside down onto a serving platter

Here is what my double recipe looked like in the end. It is huge! I also didn't have a nice platter large enough so it is sitting on an ugly cookie sheet. 




Enjoy!

Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment