Friday, July 13, 2012

Kids of Steel Triathlon ~ Success!

Many of you know that I have been absolutely swamped with my role as Race Director for the Kinetico Kids of Steel Triathlon. It has been an incredible amount of work but I am finally done!

It wasn't without some major hurdles though. We expected the road closure to begin at 7am to allow for athletes and their parents to arrive on site but when I pulled onto River Valley Road at 5am it was already blocked off! I had to run to all of the blockade points and open everything up for the athletes. Then when I arrived in the parking lot of the club there was a giant moterhome parked where the transition zone was supposed to go! I had a full on temper tantrum and then got over it and moved on. 

The kids had such a fantastic day. Everyone was really positive and the kids all cheered each other through the finish line. The feedback from the parents was overwhelmingly positive and encouraging and the entire event was perfect. Hopefully I will be able to do it all again next year!

On the Friday morning before the race we also had the opportunity to head down to a local radio station to talk about how great the KOS program is. We took part in their Friday morning dance party and you can check out the video of that HERE.


~ At the Now Radio Dance Party ~


~ At the Now Radio Dance Party ~


~ 6-7 Age Group Athletes ~


~ 5 & Under Age Group Athletes ~


~ Medal and Awards Ceremony ~


Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment