Monday, April 15, 2013

Prepping for Baby ~ Freezer Meals

Prepping for the arrival of a new baby is a lot of work.

You have to prepare a nursery, ensure that you have all of the baby supplies needed, clean the house top to bottom and in our case, prepare a two year old for a sibling. One of the most important things I think a soon to be mom can do is prepare some meals in advance. 

When we were waiting for Sydney's arrival I filled our little freezer in the condo with a million healthy freezer meals. I knew that once our newborn arrived, I would be completely dedicated to taking care of her and not myself. Many parents forget to take care of their own bodies in the first few months of parenthood. They get tired and feel overworked and forget that a good meal can make a world of difference!

David is a super healthy eater so I knew that I would have to find healthy recipes that were easy to freeze and prepare. I came across an incredible e-cookbook by Mama and Baby Love. The book is filled with healthy living crock pot freezer recipes and she even provides you with full grocery lists for everything. Each recipe makes 2 meals and each meal would feed our family dinner and lunch the next day easily. I sat down one night and spent a few hours prepping a few of her meals. I can't wait to give them a try! The house smelled amazing after I was done and we have been left with a couple of weeks worth of food at least.

I recipes I have put together so far are:
~ Moroccan Chicken Stew 
~ Chicken and Lentil Stew 
~ Ginger Carrot Soup (I made it into one meal)
~ Cranberry Chicken
~ Thai Chicken Curry
~ Orange Chicken Stew

What do you think? Would you give something like this a try?





Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment