Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Southwest Stuffed Peppers

This is seriously the easiest side dish ever.

David and I have really been making an effort to eat healthy and I have been trying to increase my protein intake. I am not a huge meat eater so I knew I would have to get inventive. We both love black beans but I always struggle to find interesting ways to use them. That's when I came up with these stuffed peppers.


The Necessities:
~ 4 Red Bell Peppers
~ 1 Can of Black Beans
~ 1 Cups of Cooked Rice
~ Garlic and Chilies

~ 1/2 Cup Finely Grated Cheese



The Process:
~ Heat the oven to 350C
~ Line a cookie sheet with tin foil
~ Cut the tops off of the peppers and clean them out
~ Mix black beans, rice, garlic and chilies to taste, and half of the cheese
~ Divide into four and stuff into the peppers

~ Top with cheese and place on cookie sheet

~ Bake in the oven for 20 minutes

~ Cut in half and serve

Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment