Sunday, June 16, 2013

Vancouver Trip

As I mentioned in my last post, Henry and I just returned from Vancouver.

My Mom's Mother passed away at the end of May. She had been diagnosed with a quickly progressing cancerous brain tumour and we lost her very quickly after the diagnosis. She had wanted a memorial so I booked a flight and hotel and made my way to Vancouver to celebrate her life.

The flight to Vancouver is only an hour and a half but I was nervous because it would be Henry's first flight and my first trip alone. He did amazingly on the flight there and back. I could not have been prouder.We spent our first night in Abbotsford where the memorial took place. We spent time with my family and enjoyed reuniting with those I had not seen in over a decade. Henry got all of the love he could handle and I enjoyed the Mommy/Son time. 

We spent our second night in Richmond where Henry and I enjoyed a quiet night in and woke up the next morning to pack up and head into the city to meet up with my cousin. We made our way to Granville and drove around Stanley park before heading into North Van for some chill time and an incredible sushi dinner. 

All in all we had an amazing time. What started out as a trip for sombre reasons turned into an incredible weekend with family. 

On the Plane

All of Henry's Admirers


Four Generations










Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment