Monday, May 26, 2014

Brass & Baubles ~ Adler's Custom Quilt

Admission time... as much as I love how this quilt turned out, I wanted to poke my eyes out while I was working on it. 

One of my neighbors approached me to make a custom quilt for their new Grandchild. We worked hard to incorporate as many personal details as possible including her birth date, her name and the initials of all of the other little girls in the family. Each little girl was associated with the animal that was the center of her nursery theme and her favourite color.  

The work that went into this quilt was incredible. I hand drew and cut all of the applique and stitched it on using my machine. The center yellow panel is a soft minky fabric and the rest is a gorgeous quilting cotton. All of the details were hand embroidered and I did all of the quilting free motion on my home machine, including the leaf border. 

I am so happy this one is done and so happy that it turned out as well as it did!















Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment