Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Ruffle Cake

I love getting all ready for a big party.

Sydney's second birthday set me on an organizing spree that could not be stopped. I hit up Pinterest and the planning began. One of the items that I could not wait to tackle but was nervous would fail was her birthday cake. I knew that I wanted the cake to be super girly and fun so I decided on a ruffle cake. Sydney chose a lemon flavored  cake and I got to work.

Making the cake was easy and stacking it was not too bad. Making the butter cream icing was a nightmare. I had never made it before. My little hand mixer was not keeping up and I ran out of butter when I went to double batch. In the end it all worked out and I had anxiety until everyone arrived and the cake was still standing and gorgeous.

The most physically demanding part of building this cake was piping all of the icing. My arm went numb piping ruffle after ruffle and we had JUST enough icing to cover everything. In the end I was so happy with how it turned out and everyone loved it. It tasted and looked delicious!








Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment