Monday, February 11, 2013

Sesame Street Sugar Cookies

In preparation for Sydney's second birthday this past weekend, I broke out my create cooking and decorating skills. 

I have had a bit of a battle with sugar cookies and royal icing in the past so I knew it was one of the things that I wanted to get out of the way asap. So I grabbed our Williams Sonoma sesame street cookie cutters and I went to town. I used David's old family recipe for sugar cookies and a pinterest recipe for the royal icing. 

It took me three nights (one to bake them and 2 for decorating) to finish them but all of the work was totally worth it. I had them done by Wednesday night and I could not have been happier with the results. The only problem I had this time was that by Saturday the black icing was bleeding a little bit. I am going to have to research how to fix this problem for next time. 

What do you think?


















Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment