Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Ubud, Bali ~ Dinner at Kismet & Dessert at Caramel

Ok. I think I finally found something that I don't like about Bali. There are too many incredible food options!

If I could eat without the fear of gaining weight or spending all of our money. I would. I was so lucky to have a friend in town who is as much of a foodie as I am. Michelle and I were able to get in a few girls nights while she was in town. Our last night out came the night before our planned trip to Jimbaran beach. Michelle was leaving to explore more of Bali then jetting off to India... so we needed to find some time enjoy each others company while eating all of the food. 

She picked me up on her scooter and we headed out to Kismet for dinner. It had amazing reviews and a full plant based menu. It did not disappoint! With really warm and inviting surroundings and a cute method of letting the wait staff know you were ready to order (you pulled the cord on a small pink light above your table to let them know you needed service), I immediately fell in love.

We started with cocktails and I also ordered a sparkling water. My drink was a watermelon, mint based vodka cocktail and it was so refreshing and delicious. We opted to share a vegan sushi cone that was to die for. The nori was a little bit difficult to bite through but it wasn't anything that bothered me too much. My main was the grilled Halloumi burger with fries and charcoal bun. It was so delicious and really satisfying. True vegan soul food!



Pre-meal expandable face and hand towels


My watermelon cocktail

Sparkling Water

Sushi Cones

Sushi Cones

My Halloumi Burger

We opted to switch it up for dessert and hopped on the scooter to head to one of the top rated bakeries in Ubud. Caramel is known as a french style patisserie with an Indonesian twist. The display counter was too cute and so beautiful! It made choosing two desserts very difficult. We ended up choosing a dark chocolate mousse and a passion fruit cheesecake. Bother were to die for but we both agreed that the passion fruit was our favourite.


Chocolate Mousse

Passion Fruit Cheesecake


All in all it was the perfect last night with a friend who I won't see until we return to Edmonton. If you are ever in Ubud, Bali I highly recommend both establishments.


Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment