Saturday, June 4, 2016

A Quilt for Our Little Man

You may not remember, but two Christmas' ago I made matching quilts for the kids. 

Each quilt had it's own colour scheme but the pattern was the same and some of the quilting matched. I knew when I got pregnant again that I wanted this baby to have the same quilt as well. When we found out we were having a boy I started envisioning a grey and orange colour scheme. I didn't tackle the quilt until less than three weeks ago! How is that for procrastination.....

I went to our Modern Quilt Guild meeting on a Wednesday at Earthly Goods where I bought my fabric. I had everything pieced that weekend. I put together the back throughout that week and quilted the entire thing the next weekend. By the time Sunday night came around, I had finished the hand binding. I finished the entire thing in a week and a half! I guess that is what happens when you have a serious deadline. 

I chose a mix of fabric lines and patterns and used orange and cream flannels that I had picked up a couple of months ago at Quiltessentials. I love the way it looks in Hugh's room. It's perfect and I hope he loves it as he gets older. 















Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment