Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Brass & Baubles ~ A Vintage Quilt

It has been a long time since I said goodbye to this beautiful quilt. 

Last fall when I did the Etsy: Made in Canada show I had a lot of questions about custom work. One of the requests came from a wonderful girl named Allison. She had been holding on to the bunting from her wedding for a few years hoping to meet someone who could turn it into a quilt for her. Her mom and Grandmother had used vintage style fabrics to sew up hundreds of feet of bunting that were used to decorate the tent that their wedding was held in.

I felt a little bit bad taking apart of their beautiful work but I knew the end result would be worth it. Not all of the fabrics were cotton and each of them was hand cut meaning they were not the exact same size.... which makes creating a quilt challenging. David helped me cut up all of the pieces of this beautiful quilt and work on the layout. To say that it was a challenge is an understatement. I also made a matching pillow at her request for a cousin. The end result is a beautiful quilt with some pretty incredible sentimental value. 








Mrs. E

No comments:

Post a Comment